Part of my job is keeping up on all of the paid search news. It’s easy to get swept up in vast and generous search community only to realize that the general marketing public doesn’t obsess about paid search like we do.
Fortunately, I had a chance to take a step back and think about PPC from a non-search marketer’s point of view for my interview on Marketwire’s Ask The Expert. In their words, “the Ask the Expert interview series is Marketwire’s way of delving into the minds of industry leaders and experts, asking them the most salient and pertinent questions that affect PR, IR and marketing communications professionals.”
In the interview, I tackled 7 broad and tactical questions about PPC:
- Where does PPC fit in the overall marketing mix?
- What are some of the trends in paid search that marketers need to know about?
- What are some of the barriers that keep people from improving their PPC ROI?
- Could you briefly explain what Quality Score (QS) is and provide us with some tips on how people can improve QS?
- Explain the correlation between PPC, SEO and Social. How do you see the three working together?
- When it comes to paid search, it’s important to try to understand the thought process of the customer. What are your top web analytics metrics that provides this insight? Can you provide tips on improving these metrics?
- How do you see ClickEquations evolving within the next couple years now that companies and brands have so much focus on social media?
Read the interview here. Thanks to Nick Shin for the opportunity.